SEATTLE SOUNDERS FC ALLIANCE COUNCIL
November 6, 2018 – 7:00 PM – The NINETY
Present (13 of 17): Lisa Angeles, Nicholaus Biela, Nick Biesold, Martin Buckley, Cameron Collins, Todd Cowles, Alex Eagleton, Roberta King, Darla Langdon, Jerry Neil, Stephanie Steiner, Molly Wagner, and Jeff Williams.
Via telephone (0): None.
Absent (4): Michael Dollard, Jesse Kilgore, Gilbert Ko, and Daniel Roe.
I. Call to order: Martin Buckley
II. Roll: Cameron Collins: 13 of 17 Present
III. Farewell to the 2017-2018 Council: Council President Martin Buckley thanks all of the Council Members who are attending their final Meeting for their service. There are three current Council Members whose terms are up and they are hoping to get their votes to return next Council year.
IV. 2018-2019 Council Voting Procedures: Voting rules laid out for Council elections that will occur next month, the first Meeting of the Council year. These rules were first developed by Council Member Daniel Roe and then laid out by Council President Martin Buckley. Here is a brief outline of the procedure for the vote:
- The order of elections will be 1. President, 2. Vice President, 3. Secretary, 4. Treasurer (if required) and 5. At Large positions.
- Nominations may be made advance or at the Meeting where voting is to take place. Alliance Council Members may be nominated to self-nominate for any of the positions upon which the Council will be voting.
- Two Council Members who are not standing for election to the Executive Committee will oversee the elections as the Election Committee.
- For positions that are unopposed, the nominee is elected unanimously. For positions with two or more candidates, each nominee will be given two minutes to speak to Council about as to why Council should vote for that candidate. If a nominee is not present, another Council Member may speak on their behalf.
- Whomever receives the most votes will be elected to that position.
A question was raised in Council about the role of the Treasurer. This position is not currently voted upon by Council and exists in the Constitution in the event that Council has a budget to manage. At that time, Council will elect a Treasurer.
A question was raised about the role of the At Large members of the Executive Committee. Council talked in the last several months about making the At Large members responsible for specific tasks. One of the At Large positions should be the social media person. The second At Large position will focus on Outreach. The goal for this person will be to focus on the Season Ticket Members in the stands, helping them to understand that they have more than a commercial relationship with the club.
V. Sounders Player Recognition: Player Recognition workgroup had a phone call to further discuss how to develop this. The voting process would take place by the Council as a whole. The rough plan is having the framework for how to enshrine people in place and once that is set and have Council has elected its inaugural class, a presentation will be made to the Front Office laying out the entire plan. This project needs to be put on a fast track to make sure it gets done.
VI. Other business
Alliance Stories: This project seems to have stalled. On a recommendation from Stephanie Steiner, the content that was written will be posted as longer form blog posts or stories on the Alliance Council website.
Community outreach: Darla gave an update on her conversation with the Front Office regarding this topic.
Garage sale: Four Alliance Council members supported this event.
VII. Adjournment: Moved. Seconded. Council votes unanimously to adjourn.